In the past few years, the rise of e-commerce has been phenomenal. In fact, Forrester Research says that the US B2B eCommerce industry is expected to reach over a whopping $1.2 trillion in the next five years. With the skyrocketing growth of B2B eCommerce, more and more businesses are customizing online shopping experiences with a realm of automation and modern tools. Undoubtedly, finding the right eCommerce platform for your business can be daunting. The good news is you can tap into the lucrative B2B eCommerce world, by leveraging an open-source B2B eCommerce platform.
What is an open-source platform?
Primarily, open-source software refers to the software distributed together with its code. This in turn allows publishers and users to modify, enhance and alter it as per their requirements. Unlike closed source codes, with open source, programmers can have greater flexibility to modify the code and create their perfect B2B platform.
Wondering what is a “source code” anyway?
Well, Source code is the part of the software that is responsible for pulling the strings behind the scene. Source code is the primary code that programmers can alter to change how a software/ application works. The users can change it, add to it, or fix bugs themselves without the intervention or suggestion of software providers.
What’s in it for you?
Open-source platforms can enable eCommerce businesses to bring their ideas to life without any limitations. Enterprises can get the flexibility to modify the source code and further because of the open-source, you can share the customized version of the e-commerce platform with other users for free without a fee.
- For one, when you shift to open-source, you don’t have to deal with vendor lock-ins. You will have full control over your project without having to pay a licensing fee to use the e-commerce platform.
- Secondly, open-source eCommerce PHP facilitates brands to experience better flexibility. After you choose a templated theme, there will be so much more that you can do to customize your website.
- Most of the time businesses need a lot of integrations to run their eCommerce platforms smoothly. Open-source platforms also make third-party integrations easy with payment gateways, CRM’s, analytics and tracking, and everything custom.
- In addition to all these benefits, open-source platforms are cost-effective and easy to use as well.
So is open source right for your B2B business?
Open source is right for you if:
- Your business needs custom integrations with 3rd party software
- You have a unique, customizable product that you need to sell
- You want your website to have an eccentric feel with personalized features.
The B2B landscape is increasingly shifting away from the conventional, offline territory. With more and more enterprises hopping on the eCommerce bandwagon, getting the right open-source eCommerce template is a mandate. Open-source eCommerce platforms have gained momentum due to their user-friendliness and customizability. In contrast to other B2B eCommerce platforms, they are more convenient and cost-effective as well.
Ready to make the move towards open-source eCommerce software? Get in touch with the seasoned developers at Yuved Technology now!