I was all set to start this article with a bad search-related pun, but then I searched around and couldn’t find anything good.
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO for short, is like the life support for your eCommerce store in the online space. Without it, you won’t be visible on Google and other search engines when people look for something relevant to your business. To put it simply: you need SEO.
How to make your eCommerce store search engine-friendly?
The first step toward making your eCommerce store a search engine-friendly website is SEO. This means using keywords in all the places that matter, including:
- Your title tag and meta description. (the content of what shows up on a Google search result)
- Your product descriptions.
- Your page titles and page descriptions.
5 Best SEO Tips to Increase Traffic and Sales
- Keyword research: The first thing you need to do is find out what your potential customers are searching for. It can be done by using various tools like Google Trends, Semrush, SpyFu, and many more. These tools will give you insight into which keywords are popular in your industry and which ones have the highest search volume.
- Title tag: The title of each page should describe, as accurately as possible, what content it contains. Include a few relevant keywords in there too, but don’t stuff it full of keywords that don’t make sense or aren’t related to the actual content on the page!
- Meta description: This tells people what they can expect when they click through from Google or another search engine result page (SERP). Ensure that your meta description is intriguing enough to draw more people to your website.
- Product descriptions: These should be written in such a way that encourages further reading by providing just enough information without being too lengthy or difficult to understand. They should also contain your target keyword at least once, so people know exactly what you offer!
- Product images: Images help build trust with potential customers when they see how great something looks, even before making an order… so make sure yours are high quality and optimized for both desktop computers and mobile devices!
How to implement SEO strategies to drive more traffic to eCommerce websites?
SEO is a powerful tool for eCommerce companies that can help them increase their website traffic and sales. SEO is a strategy that requires time and patience because it is a slow and long-term process. It’s not possible to get results overnight, but if you are willing to invest in SEO, it will surely bring you good results in the long term.
According to Neil Patel, co-founder of Crazy Egg, Unbounce, and KISSmetrics, “SEO is a process of improving the visibility of a website in search engines.” You need to focus on all aspects of your online business marketing campaign:-
- On-page optimization (title tags, meta tags, etc.)
- Off-page optimization (backlinks from authority sites)
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
“SEO” is a collective strategy used to grow the number of repeat visitors to a website by obtaining traffic from “natural” or “organic” search results on search engines. SEO would target several types of searches, such as image search, local search, video search, academic databases like PubMed, and industry-specific niche sites like retail comparison or travel accommodation sites.
SEO can be credited with making it possible for a small business to compete with much larger corporations in the same industry. In order for customers to find their website, a good webmaster will ensure that it is optimized. This comprises:
- Curate content that is unique and original
- Verify the functionality of each link.
- Maintaining an active blog
Why Is SEO Important for eCommerce Websites?
If you’re new to the world of eCommerce, it can be difficult to understand why SEO is so important for your website. Listed below are a few causes:
Consumers search for products and services by using search engines like Google and Bing. If your website isn’t ranked highly, you’ll miss out on those potential customers.
More traffic means more sales—and that’s what we all want! Higher rankings mean more people will see your product listings and click through to buy them on your site.
A website with high-quality content benefits both SEO and user experience (or UX). This helps with organic traffic as well as social shares and links back to your store, which also improves SEO!
What are the advantages of having a website that is SEO-optimized for online stores?
If you have an online store and want to boost sales and increase traffic, your website must have a solid SEO strategy. The benefits of having an optimized site are many:
- Increase Traffic
- Increase Brand Awareness
- Increase Search Engine Rankings
- Increase Conversion Rates
- Receive Good Customer Loyalty
- Have A Good Website Authority
- Have Good Website Traffic and Reach
- Increase Website Sales
What are the best keyword research tools in 2020 for your eCommerce business?
You’ll want to use the right keyword research tool for your business, so let’s take a look at some of the best in 2020:
This is a very basic tool that allows you to enter one word or phrase and it returns several related terms. This list can then be exported as an Excel file.
This free tool from Moz is also very simple but provides many different options for filtering keywords by volume, competition level, difficulty rating, and more. You can also easily sort through results using filters such as “lowest” or “mobile-friendly.” This is handy if you want to find specific terms that are relevant yet less competitive than others (and therefore easier).
- Google Keyword Planner
If you have access to Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, then this option might be your best bet for finding good results for any kind of research project (not just eCommerce). It’s easy enough: Just enter the main keywords that relate most closely to what people search for when looking for information about what products/services like yours offer before allowing them access!
What is the Best SEO tool to optimize product titles and descriptions?
The best tool to optimize product titles and descriptions is the Google Keyword Tool. It’s a free online tool that allows you to research the volume of keywords, their monthly search volume, their competition level, and more. You can also use SEMrush or Google Search Console for this purpose.
If your business has its own website, then it’s likely that you are already using Google Analytics for tracking traffic data. However, if this isn’t the case, then I would advise installing it in your store so that you get complete visibility into how people are finding your products (and where they’re coming from). You will also be able to see which pages are getting the most traffic so that you can optimize them accordingly.
You can easily grow your e-commerce store by optimizing it for search engines with the proper keywords.
Optimizing your eCommerce store for search engines can make all the difference in driving traffic, sales, and conversions. If you’re not using appropriate keywords yet, you might be missing out on a huge opportunity to boost your business online.
You can use these tips to make your e-commerce website SEO-friendly and drive more traffic. Make note of the fact that overdoing anything could be harmful to oneself. Similarly, do not overcrowd your website with SEO strategies because Google might penalize your site for doing so. It’s important to keep a balance between organic and paid traffic. If you feel that these tips aren’t enough for you and you need any help with optimizing your eCommerce website, let us know! The SEO team at Yuved Technology is here for you.